Baton Rouge Counseling is permanently closed effective 12-17-2021
IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU SEARCH FOR A THERAPIST AND MAKE CONTACTS USING THE RESOURCES BELOW, WELL IN ADVANCE, AS MANY COUNSELOR’S SCHEDULES ARE FULL.
COUNSELING RESOURCE LINKS
- PSYCHOLOGY TODAY THERAPIST FINDER – One of the best resources for finding a counselor. Visit the site and you can enter your city or zipcode and see a picture of the therapists (some show a video of themselves) and get more information about their specialties, approach, fees, and availability. Also included on each counselor’s profile is their contact information–so you can Email or call them to request more information. Remember, if you are in the state of Louisiana and are comfortable with telehealth (video) services, you can explore counselors across the entire state of Louisiana.
- FAMILY SERVICE OF GREATER BATON ROUGE – Appointments can be set with the Intake Secretary by calling (225) 924-0123, they are open Monday – Thursday from from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. They accept Medicaid, Medicare and Private pay. Per session fees are assessed on a sliding scale based on income.
- PSYCHIATRY ASSOCIATES OF BATON ROUGE – In addition to psychiatrists, there are several counselors practicing here. Give the office a call to check on pricing and availability – (225) 769-7575.
- FAMILY FOCUS AND ASSOCIATES – Another agency offering both psychiatry and counseling services. There are several therapists on site. Give their office a call at (225) 231-7155.
- GRIEF RECOVERY CENTER – Offering counseling and support groups. Visit their site or call (225) 924-6621.
- BATON ROUGE COUNSELING ASSOCIATES – Offers Christian Counseling. Visit their site for more information or call (225) 287-9181.
- FAMILY THERAPY CLINIC OF BATON ROUGE – Visit their site or call (225) 292-0155.
This is a list of individual practitioners who are known to us to be excellent in their skills. However, we cannot guarantee their availability. Call early to inquire:
Adrian Agosta, LCSW – (225) 769-7575
Rudy Troyer, LCSW – (225) 286-9963
Brenda Durbin, LCSW – (225) 292-0155
Erich Duchmann, PhD – (225) 292-0155
Stanley Masinter, LCSW – (225) 927-0252